Philosophical article — how to write it? Should a student study Plato’s work inside out, trying to catch every idea? Or is it enough just to choose some basic ideas and rules for writing an philosophy essay that demonstrate a personal relationship? Do not worry, let’s see some ideas right now!
What Is A Philosophy Essay
Preparing a good work, no matter for what reason (entering university, college, or other institution), one should follow some basic rules. Don’t worry, they are really easy! We assumed our professional experience on www.essaypro.com and now we are sharing it! Why? Because we want YOU to stand out!
Take only 5 minutes, look through cool useful advice — start right now!
As any other paper work, this one should have 3 essential features:
- Depictive idea
- Strong arguments / examples
- Logical structure
Down below we will mark special features, which will help following exact rules — receiving the highest evaluation mark.
What You Need When Writing An Essay On Philosophy
- Philosophic Paper Specific. Though all essays have much in common, this one is something different. It is not about describing some experience, making research, or literal self-expression. That’s clear claimed thesis defense. For this reason, keep in head these tips.
- Philosophical Work Difficulty. Concerning Philosophy, topic sounds always both easy + complicated in the same time. The most important thing is choosing personal idea by claiming, supporting with strong arguments. Science gives opportunity for showing personal vision for stated problem.
- Choosing Topic. This requires time and thoughtful approach. Don’t expect finishing in 10 minutes. First of all, choose topic (clear thesis) and couple of arguments. Then check authors whose works can demonstrate required ideas. Remember statement should not be rough – that won’t be easy defending such thing. Make paper as crystal clear as possible. If one feels being completely stuck, check this guide How to start a philosophy paper.
- Making Scathes. As soon as one has idea, or plan, start expressing it. As work won’t possibly be easy, writing process will help to reveal personal thoughts. After having finished, make an outline, check logical clarity.Answer this question: does statement sound enough persuading?
If not, think about statement better. Rewrite outline, think about better arguments. If thesis still fails sounding enough persuading, maybe find another one, which will be easier working with
- Testing Conviction Level. Having couple satisfying scathes, test thesis by making discussion with friends. If thesis seems persuading, simply relax. If not, probably, more research should be done.
Instructions for philosophical essay
Follow these philosophy essay writing rules — have a good work.
- Chose topic. Topic should be clear.
- Study material carefully. Prepare all quotations, literature.
- Write down basic structure. When idea’s ready, outline classical plan: introduction part, main part, conclusion part. Think about building up the main part, considering thesis.
- Make rough scathes. Write down some thoughts. After use them in work.
- Reread final version. Make sure all statements are logically correct.
- Polish everything. Correct possible lexical, logical, or grammatical mistakes.
Most Spread Errors: Try Avoiding Them!
- Irrelevant statement. That means, when student presents anything supported by weak not relevant examples. Sure, Philosophy gives certain freedom in demonstrating any ideas, even if they sound a bit bizarre. Just make sure using correct, strong arguments.
- Incorrect information. Always double check information used, like dates, names of philosophers, their works. Avoid using obscure, vague constructions.
- Weak arguments. Choose only strong, logical statements to defend your claim. Still don’t use too many, overwhelming work. Ideal composition looks like this: 1-2 decent argument(s), 2-3 logical arguments, 1-2 personal experience argument(s).
- Unclear composition. If student makes complicated illogical text, it might start working against him/her. It’s better preparing short plan, than following it.
- Useless repetition. Show your style can be diverse enough, avoiding both lexical, semantic repetitions.
- Punctuation/quotation mistakes. As we know from personal experience, students make mistakes in punctuation and while quoting too. For refreshing information, turn to super guide.
So that’s it, now you are experienced in writing this complicated paper. Not that difficult, right? We tried providing with super useful information! If you feel like this is too overwhelming or you simply out of time – we can help you! Just check out our guide how one can easily order essay on web page Order an Essay at EssayPro! From now on — no more sleepless nights! Essay writing rules have never been so easy!
Before writing a philosophical essay, read the article How to write an essay.
Essay Writing Service for Philosophy essay- the best solution!