Basic Admission essay requirements and guidelines. When applying to any college, there are certain admission essay requirements that must be met. Some students agonize over the right format, including margins and fonts, while others don’t understand how to organize their thoughts correctly. There are certain ins and outs when following basic admission essay guidelines.
Important Essay Formatting Requirements
Most schools allow candidates to send their paper applications. This admission essay guide will go over the right format when attaching it as your document or copying and pasting it into a text box.
Copying and Pasting into a Text Box:
- check if your paper transfers over;
- word counts may get messed up, so make slight adjustments when needed;
- you may lose formatting, such as italics;
- paragraph spacing can also get messed up;
- choose a standard font.
Attaching a Document:
- use 1-inch margins because they are easy to read;
- double-space everything;
- delineate all essay paragraphs clearly;
- use the fonts that are easy to read;
- check whether you need to submit your essay in any specific file format.
Formatting Guidelines That Always Apply
There are some application essay requirements that must be met no matter how you prefer to submit a final draft:
- you don’t need any title, unless it’s requested;
- avoid cutesy and colloquial formatting style choices.
Admission essay requirements and Structuring Your Essay Correctly
This assignment offers a unique opportunity to play with an essay structure a bit and be more creative. However, there are still some college application essay structure requirements that must be met. Your paper requires a clear introductory paragraph to give readers a better idea of where you will go and a logical concluding section that wraps everything up while making the main point clear.
It’s only up to you how to approach the main body of your essay. For example, you can structure it as a narrative or use an extended analogy. Each paragraph that you write must cover a major idea or point.
There are 2 basic levels of admission essay requirements and guidelines that you should be worried about (macro and micro).
Tips for Micro-Level Writing Guidelines:
- if you prefer to copy and paste your essay into a text box, ensure that its format transfers correctly;
- when attaching a document, ensure that everything is compatible with application specifications;
- in any case, there is no need for a title, unless this requirement is specified.
Hints for Macro-Level Admission Essay Requirements:
- there is no secret rule that can guarantee you a success;
- the main body of your essay offers a lot of freedom, while its introduction should make a central idea clear and its conclusion must end with a clear point;
- avoid stealing any essay template because it can make your paper sound unoriginal and stilted.